An inspector of Chunabhatti police station is facing allegations of forced unnatural sex in a petition before the Bombay High Court. One of the petitioners, a 25-year-old man, has alleged that the inspector, Mahesh Jadhav, wore a “ladies gown” and indulged in unnatural sexual acts with him.
The petition came up for hearing before a division bench on January 16. A First Information Report (FIR) was lodged against Jadhav by the Chunabhatti police station the following day.
Jadhav has been booked for sodomy, buying and disposing any person as slave and wrongful confinement, besides other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
“The process of Jadhav’s suspension has been initiated. The decision on when to suspend him lies with administration,” Additional Commissioner of Police (East Region) Qaiser Khalid said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
According to the petitioner, in November 2011, he visited the Chunabhatti police station regarding a matter involving his cousin and a person named Yakub. Jadhav then asked Yakub whether he would like the petitioner’s name to be included in the FIR, the petitioner claimed. Later, Jadhav allegedly said he would not put the petitioner’s name in the FIR on the condition that the petitioner visited the police station whenever asked to.
The following day, Jadhav allegedly called the petitioner to the police station. When the man arrived at the station, the inspector allegedly asked him to keep quiet while he undressed and applied lipstick. “Jadhav removed his trousers and underwear, and wore a ladies gown, applied lipstick and switched on a music channel on the TV in his cabin and started dancing,” the petition alleges.
The inspector then allegedly indulged in oral sex with him. “The petitioner was extremely scared and worried that he would be implicated in a false case,” alleges the petition.
The victim also alleged that similar sexual escapades were repeated in December 2011, and on October 11, 2013.
The petitioner then met local activist Salim Qureshi and told him that Jadhav had victimised other men, too. Qureshi wrote to higher police officers, but the police refused to lodge an FIR initially, he said. Qureshi, who is the second petitioner in the current petition, even recorded their statements.
The two petitioners alleged that constables Lipare and Karkhande from the office of ACP, Chembur division, asked the petitioners to withdraw the complaint against Jadhav.
The petitioners’ lawyer Mihir Desai said the matter was adjourned on the last occasion after the state government sought time to go through the petition. The bench granted time and posted the hearing after a week.