After Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal accused Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung of towing the line of the Congress government at the Centre in order to stall the Jan Lokpal Bill, the AAP came in for criticism from all parties.
After a meeting with Lt-Governor Jung on Friday, the Delhi Congress unit said it will not allow the Jan Lokpal Bill to be tabled in the Delhi Assembly, unless the AAP government obtained the required approval the Centre, as mandated by the Constitution. “Our objection is that the provisions of the Constitution regarding the obtaining of prior approval from the Centre and L-G are not being followed,” Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
AICC general secretary Shakeel Ahmed said, “Nobody should use such language, especially when referring to someone who occupies a constitutional position.” Leader of the opposition in the Delhi Assembly Harsh Vardhan said, “Kejriwal is spreading lawlessness and anarchy everywhere. With their eyes on the Lok Sabha Elections, the AAP members are not bothered about the oath that they had taken. Every day, they are coming up with some or the other proposal to mislead the electorate,” he said. JD(U) MLA Shoaib Iqbal said he was disillusioned with the AAP. “By constantly drowning themselves in controversies, it seems the AAP wants the Congress and others to withdraw support , so that Kejriwal can contest Lok Sabha elections,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen