The All-India Congress Committee announced the opening of ‘primaries’ to select Lok Sabha candidates for the New Delhi constituency.
“The primaries has been started for the New Delhi Lok Sabha seat and it will soon be launched in the Northeast Lok Sabha constituency as well,” Netta D’souza, the returning officer for the exercise, said.
“For conducting primaries, a voters’ list will be first prepared. Office-bearers of National Students’ Union of India, Congress Mahila Sangathan, Vyapar Mandal and Zila Parishads can register as voters on the website, primaries.nic.in,” Hari Shankar Gupta, Delhi’s in-charge for the project, said.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
In a handbook made available for download on the website, AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi has written a note to prospective voters on the need for introduction of the primaries. “We have reached a stage… that Congressmen at the levels of Block, Panchayat Zila and Tehsil should be involved directly in the decision-making process of the organization. As a first step, I would like to entrust you with the responsibility of choosing your Congress candidate for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections,” he said.
Delhi Cong to launch attack on Kejriwal
The Delhi Congress will be launching its Pol Khol Abhiyan at the Central Park in Connaught Place on Sunday. It has alleged that Arvind Kejriwal, during his tenure as chief minister and after, has misled the people of Delhi. Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely said Kejriwal’s resignation was an attempt to obscure his government’s shortcomings. “The AAP government has left Delhi in a lurch. The water and power situation has worsened. All Kejriwal is doing is misleading the people,” he said. ENS