The All-India Congress Committee announced the opening of ‘primaries’ to select Lok Sabha candidates for the New Delhi constituency.
“The primaries has been started for the New Delhi Lok Sabha seat and it will soon be launched in the Northeast Lok Sabha constituency as well,” Netta D’souza, the returning officer for the exercise, said.
“For conducting primaries, a voters’ list will be first prepared. Office-bearers of National Students’ Union of India, Congress Mahila Sangathan, Vyapar Mandal and Zila Parishads can register as voters on the website, primaries.nic.in,” Hari Shankar Gupta, Delhi’s in-charge for the project, said.
In a handbook made available for download on the website, AICC vice-president Rahul Gandhi has written a note to prospective voters on the need for introduction of the primaries. “We have reached a stage… that Congressmen at the levels of Block, Panchayat Zila and Tehsil should be involved directly in the decision-making process of the organization. As a first step, I would like to entrust you with the responsibility of choosing your Congress candidate for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections,” he said.
Delhi Cong to launch attack on Kejriwal
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The Delhi Congress will be launching its Pol Khol Abhiyan at the Central Park in Connaught Place on Sunday. It has alleged that Arvind Kejriwal, during his tenure as chief minister and after, has misled the people of Delhi. Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely said Kejriwal’s resignation was an attempt to obscure his government’s shortcomings. “The AAP government has left Delhi in a lurch. The water and power situation has worsened. All Kejriwal is doing is misleading the people,” he said. ENS