The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has received an invitation from the government of Kuwait to act as a consultant for the Metro system coming up in Kuwait city, a DMRC official said. “We have replied to them asking for the current status of the transport systems and the population spread. This will help us get a better understanding of the situation on the ground. They haven’t responded yet,” the official said.
The DMRC’s consultancy operations abroad are currently only in Dhaka and Jakarta. “Sixteen experts will oversee the Dhaka operation. We hope to receive major earnings — nearly Rs 90 crore —- from the project by next year,” the official said.
“By the next financial year, we are planning to conclude the consultancy operation for the Jaipur Metro. As far as the Kochi Metro system is concerned, we should be able to complete work to the tune of Rs 800 crore,” the official said.
The Delhi Metro takes six per cent of the project cost as its fee, which translates to around Rs 66 crore in earnings next year from the Jaipur and Kochi Metro.
The official said the DMRC was considering taking on such ‘turnkey’ consultancy work —- this is the most intensive consultancy operation with funds and decision-making entirely at DMRC’s discretion — in Lucknow and Greater Noida.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
At present, DMRC also has lighter consultancy operations, such as preparation of detailed project reports and feasibility reports, at Raipur, Amritsar and Nagpur.
“Varanasi and Guwahati Metro are also in talks with us. We will send them our terms of reference and conduct surveys for assessing their transportation requirement before making a decision,” the official said.
He said the consultancy work was unlikely to affect the speed and efficiency of operations in Delhi. “If DMRC needs more manpower at a particular site, we create an organisation in that particular city that through it hire people on a contract-basis. We don’t shift our own personnel from one location to another,” the official said.