For more than two months now, a furnished and renovated office on the first floor of Vikas Bhawan-II, which houses several Delhi government departments, has remained vacant. Till August this year, the office housed a one-man commission, formed by the AAP government and headed by retired Justice S N Aggarwal, to look into the CNG fitness certificate case, in which the state exchequer suffered losses of over Rs 100 crore.
But following the August 4 order of the High Court, which held that Delhi continued to be a Union Territory under the authority of the Lieutenant Governor, Justice Aggarwal has refused to carry out his role as the commission’s chairperson.
According to Aggarwal, the government has still not communicated to him the commission’s status following the HC order. “I have not got a single communication from the government after the HC order. I had worked as judge in the HC and I had to honour their ruling. After the verdict, I stopped going to the commission and I am amazed that no one in the government has contacted me. They did not have the courtesy to communicate their decisions to me,” Aggarwal said.
The commission had run into trouble just 10 days after the cabinet approved it, when the Union Home Ministry declared it “legally invalid and void ab initio”.
So far, Aggarwal has been given two extensions of six months each. “There were no witnesses to depose. I have tried to get documents from the ACB, which did not happen as the MHA declared the commission void ab initio. There has been no headway in the inquiry,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest