For more than two months now, a furnished and renovated office on the first floor of Vikas Bhawan-II, which houses several Delhi government departments, has remained vacant. Till August this year, the office housed a one-man commission, formed by the AAP government and headed by retired Justice S N Aggarwal, to look into the CNG fitness certificate case, in which the state exchequer suffered losses of over Rs 100 crore.
But following the August 4 order of the High Court, which held that Delhi continued to be a Union Territory under the authority of the Lieutenant Governor, Justice Aggarwal has refused to carry out his role as the commission’s chairperson.
According to Aggarwal, the government has still not communicated to him the commission’s status following the HC order. “I have not got a single communication from the government after the HC order. I had worked as judge in the HC and I had to honour their ruling. After the verdict, I stopped going to the commission and I am amazed that no one in the government has contacted me. They did not have the courtesy to communicate their decisions to me,” Aggarwal said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The commission had run into trouble just 10 days after the cabinet approved it, when the Union Home Ministry declared it “legally invalid and void ab initio”.
So far, Aggarwal has been given two extensions of six months each. “There were no witnesses to depose. I have tried to get documents from the ACB, which did not happen as the MHA declared the commission void ab initio. There has been no headway in the inquiry,” he said.