Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal landed himself in a controversy by re-tweeting musician Vishal Dadlani’s remark “Stuck between a moron and a murderer… what now, India”.
After Kejriwal re-tweeted Dadlani’s post, he came in for fierce criticism from the BJP, which said as the Chief Minister, Kejriwal should be “doubly conscious” of what he endorses. “It doesn’t augur well at all. As the chief minister, even if he endorses or doesn’t endorse the re-tweet itself, he has allowed a certain language, which is not deserving of a chief minister…,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharamam said.
Delhi Congress spokesperson Jitender Kochar said, “Kejriwal himself does not know what he is saying, nor does he know the dignity a chief minister should have. This is the result of the fact that they have come to power without really working for it. It has reached a stage, where they have to apologise for something every day.”
“Only an anarchist can re-tweet such comments, without first having done anything concrete as the chief minister in Delhi,” DPCC president Arvinder Singh Lovely said.
Urban Development Minister Manish Sisodia said, “The chief minister stands by his tweet.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
PAC member Prashant Bhushan said, “On Twitter, things are taken far too seriously. However, it is my personal view that the words ‘moron’ and ‘murderer’ can be avoided.”
Dadlani is a supporter of the AAP and was seen in a concert organised by the party ahead of the Assembly elections.
Dadlani himself left no doubt as to who he was referring to by following up his comment with another tweet, “You know what’s hilarious!? Again, I didn’t name anyone in that tweet. You guys already knew who was which. Well done! You’re right, too!”