Sources privy to the discussions during the meeting said battling corruption dominated the conversation between Kejriwal and Khan. “Met Imran Khan and we shared our experiences in politics. Both challenging status quo in respective countries,” Kejriwal tweeted.
- Clairvoyants and Imran Khan
- Max hospital row: Crestfallen family knocks on Arvind Kejriwal's door
- The woman who saved Imran Khan from becoming a political has-been
- BJP realised Pakistan's goal of dividing India in 3 years, says Arvind Kejriwal
- We are like-minded, will seek advice, says Kamal Haasan after meeting with Arvind Kejriwal
- Kamal Haasan-Arvind Kejriwal meet LIVE updates: 'We both want to fight corruption'
“The two leaders mainly spoke about corruption and ways to combat it. Khan told the chief minister that he believes corruption percolates from the top. He said their provincial government had acted against 5,000 police officers facing charges of corruption,” said a source.
PTI leads the provincial government in Pakistan’s Kyber Pakhtunkhwa. “Khan said the problems in both India and Pakistan were the same. However, his provincial government faces no interference from the Centre in Pakistan,” said a source. Khan was at Eden Gardens in Kolkata Saturday to watch the T20 match between India and Pakistan.
Sources said the leaders agreed to remain in touch with one another. Khan said he had been following the AAP’s rise in Indian politics closely, as he too has been fighting for about 20 years to bring about change, added the source. While Kejriwal and Khan did talk about Saturday’s match, in which India beat Pakistan by six wickets, cricket was mentioned only in passing, said sources.