Sources privy to the discussions during the meeting said battling corruption dominated the conversation between Kejriwal and Khan. “Met Imran Khan and we shared our experiences in politics. Both challenging status quo in respective countries,” Kejriwal tweeted.
- We are like-minded, will seek advice, says Kamal Haasan after meeting with Arvind Kejriwal
- Kamal Haasan meets Arvind Kejriwal, both say fighting corruption their main aim
- Kamal Haasan-Arvind Kejriwal meet LIVE updates: 'We both want to fight corruption'
- Arvind Kejriwal to review works after returning from Vipassana course
- Sewage treatment plants to be set up across Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal
- Imran Khan says thousands will protest in Islamabad if govt amends Article 62
“The two leaders mainly spoke about corruption and ways to combat it. Khan told the chief minister that he believes corruption percolates from the top. He said their provincial government had acted against 5,000 police officers facing charges of corruption,” said a source.
PTI leads the provincial government in Pakistan’s Kyber Pakhtunkhwa. “Khan said the problems in both India and Pakistan were the same. However, his provincial government faces no interference from the Centre in Pakistan,” said a source. Khan was at Eden Gardens in Kolkata Saturday to watch the T20 match between India and Pakistan.
Sources said the leaders agreed to remain in touch with one another. Khan said he had been following the AAP’s rise in Indian politics closely, as he too has been fighting for about 20 years to bring about change, added the source. While Kejriwal and Khan did talk about Saturday’s match, in which India beat Pakistan by six wickets, cricket was mentioned only in passing, said sources.