• Associate Sponsor

CM Arvind Kejriwal’s cartoon tweet hurts religious sentiments: BJP

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published: February 17, 2016 2:10 am
CM Arvind Kejriwal bashed on Twitter for sharing a cartoon CM Arvind Kejriwal bashed on Twitter for sharing a cartoon

A cartoon tweeted by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal drew much flak from the BJP and its affiliates for allegedly hurting religious sentiments. The cartoon purportedly shows Hanuman clad in saffron robes telling Prime Minister Narendra Modi, “Done sir, all attention is on JNU” as the latter is seen grappling with ‘market slump, rupee slide, Rohith, Pathankot, Bills, assembly polls.’ The cartoon was first published in The Hindu.

The Hindu Sena lodged a complaint at the Mandir Marg police station alleging that the twitter message was posted ‘maliciously with intent to hurt religious sentiments of Hindus on Twitter’. Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay lashed out at Kejriwal for ‘hurting the sentiments of crores of hindus by portraying their revered Hanuman ji in bad taste’. Upadhyay said the portrayal of the Hindu god had been done ‘intentionally’. “I believe it is done to please the leftist section which is responsible for anti-national propaganda at JNU. It is well known that the leftist section of politics has all along felt a sadistic pleasure in humiliating Hindu gods to sleeve up their secular credentials,” added Upadhyay.

He demanded, “CM must immediately apologise to the nation, especially to Hindus for creating this unnecessary controversy by hurting the religious sentiments.”

Related Article

Responding to the charges, senior AAP leader Sanjay Singh said, “Is it not true that real issues are not discussed and attention is diverted sometimes to Akhlaq (the victim in mob lynching over rumoured beef consumption) or JNU? No one has said that pro-Pakistan or anti-India slogans should be allowed but what they are doing is ‘dramebaazi’ (theatrics). Who says that is Hanuman ji? That is someone flying… could be rakshas (demon) too. This party (BJP) can get away with feeding gallons of milk to ganesha idols too. Is there any semblance of law and order?”

For all the latest Delhi News, download Indian Express App

Kd
    Feb 17, 2016 at 11:07 am
    The last time I checked, I did not appoint Hindu Sena (or any other kind of sena) as my spokesperson on matters relating to my religion (I am a Hindu, by birth). My religion and my beliefs are not so fragile as to be "hurt" by a mere cartoon. Of course, it is too much to expect these sena goons to understand what cartoons are, and why they should be taken in good humour. So, to cut the long story short, stop speaking on my behalf, I have not authorized you to do it. I do not know who you are, I never voted for you and I don't want you to say that you are acting on my behalf, because clearly you are not.
    (0)(0)
      Shibu
      Feb 18, 2016 at 12:09 pm
      Because Hinduism is not religion its just mythology.
      (0)(0)
      1. मनीष
        Feb 17, 2016 at 1:41 am
        If kejri had insulted I$lam or ped0phile M0hh@med, there would have been a fatwa for his head by now. As long as dramebaaz kejri does not insult ped0phile M0hh@med, he is safe. Hindus are $tup!d. They will easily forget this and vote for him anyway.
        (0)(0)
        1. मनीष
          Feb 17, 2016 at 6:18 pm
          If kejri had insulted Is1am or ped0phile M0hh@med, there would have been a fatwa for his head by now. As long as dramebaaz kejri does not insult ped0phile M0hh@med, he is safe. Hindus are $tup!d. They will easily forget this and vote for him anyway.
          (0)(0)
            Rajvardhan
            Feb 18, 2016 at 7:58 pm
            This mentally sick street dog AK and AAP street dog party with tag of TEAM ANNA BACK STABBERS shame on this joker who is FIT FOR NOTHING after he got so many shoe slaps still his brain is working in wrong directions I never seen such fool in INDIA politics . 1.AK 2. PAPPU. 3.Lallu three s still rolling haaa...... shame on these PSEUDO SECULAR moron LONG LIVE ABVP
            (0)(0)