A five-year-old kindergarten student was sexually assaulted allegedly by a Class XII student in North Delhi’s Civil Lines area on Wednesday. The 19-year-old has been arrested, Additional DCP Bijender Kumar Yadav said.
According to police, the girl was waiting for her father to pick her up after her classes ended at 12.30 pm on Wednesday. The classes for senior students only end at 3 pm.
“While waiting for her father, she went to the washroom. On her way, she met the Class XII student who asked her to come with him. He had bunked classes and he and a few of his friends were sitting in an empty classroom in the Junior section. He allegedly took her there and asked the other students to vacate the room. He then sexually assaulted the girl and left the spot,” a police officer said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The girl told her father about the incident, who in turn complained to the school principal. The father also alerted police. “A police team was immediately sent to the school. The father, school authorities and the police team stood outside the school gate to identify the boy. The girl identified him the moment he came through the gate. He was then arrested,” the officer said.
A case under the POCSO Act has been registered against him. A detailed statement of the girl was also recorded. Police said the girl’s father has also raised questions about the school’s security measures. Police will also be recording the statement of the school principal.
“The girl’s father raised questions over the security on the school premises. He said there were no cameras or security staff doing the rounds after classes are over. It is a fault on the school’s part as they did not take required precautions. But that does not fall under the ambit of the present investigation. We will record the principal’s statement. The investigation in the matter is on,” the officer said.