A five-year-old kindergarten student was sexually assaulted allegedly by a Class XII student in North Delhi’s Civil Lines area on Wednesday. The 19-year-old has been arrested, Additional DCP Bijender Kumar Yadav said.
According to police, the girl was waiting for her father to pick her up after her classes ended at 12.30 pm on Wednesday. The classes for senior students only end at 3 pm.
“While waiting for her father, she went to the washroom. On her way, she met the Class XII student who asked her to come with him. He had bunked classes and he and a few of his friends were sitting in an empty classroom in the Junior section. He allegedly took her there and asked the other students to vacate the room. He then sexually assaulted the girl and left the spot,” a police officer said.
The girl told her father about the incident, who in turn complained to the school principal. The father also alerted police. “A police team was immediately sent to the school. The father, school authorities and the police team stood outside the school gate to identify the boy. The girl identified him the moment he came through the gate. He was then arrested,” the officer said.
A case under the POCSO Act has been registered against him. A detailed statement of the girl was also recorded. Police said the girl’s father has also raised questions about the school’s security measures. Police will also be recording the statement of the school principal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The girl’s father raised questions over the security on the school premises. He said there were no cameras or security staff doing the rounds after classes are over. It is a fault on the school’s part as they did not take required precautions. But that does not fall under the ambit of the present investigation. We will record the principal’s statement. The investigation in the matter is on,” the officer said.