For the first time this season, the national capital has recorded a marginal drop of 11 per cent in the number of chikungunya cases compared to the previous week. The latest MCD figures till October 8 show that the city recorded 1,419 cases compared to 1,598 cases reported the previous week.
The total number of confirmed cases of chikungunya stood at 6,712. The official figures also state that 8,456 cases have been reported in the capital in the entire season.
Meanwhile, the North DMC area which recorded the highest number of cases for the first time last week, continues to top the list with 103 cases being reported this week.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The EDMC — which has recorded the lowest number of cases the entire season — has for the first time taken over the densely-populated SDMC area. While the east civic body reported 81 cases this week, the south civic body reported 62 cases. Official figures also state that a total of 1,304 cases of chikungunya have been reported this season, and 1,288 cases are from outside Delhi.
Dengue cases, which had earlier shown a decline, continues to show a similar trend with 2,711 cases being reported this year. The number of cases reported last week stood at 2,133. While this month has seen 578 dengue cases so far, last October witnessed the worst dengue outbreak with 7,283 cases.
Meanwhile, the south corporation continues to top the list with 430 cases recorded this season. Of a total of 2,711 cases, municipal data shows that 1,906 cases of dengue are from Delhi while 805 cases are those who acquired the infection from other states.