To ensure that the BJP campaign is ‘star-powered’, the party on Monday decided that all its star campaigners would campaign in the national capital, irrespective of campaigns in their own constituencies.
For the same, the party has listed out the names of 43 ‘expected star campaigners’ this Lok Sabha elections, which include senior leaders such as L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and its prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi.
Since all those names on the star campaigners list are themselves contesting elections in various parts of the country, the party has asked them to spare a day for the Delhi candidates.
“Elections for Sushmaji’s and Arun Jaitleyji’s constituencies will be later (after the elections in Delhi). They can spare some time for the capital in between,” a senior leader said.
Other star campaigners for the party include senior leaders Nitin Gadkari, M M Joshi, Vinod Khanna, Smriti Irani, N S Sidhu, Vani Tripathi.
Chief ministers Raman Singh, Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Vasundhara Raje Schindia, Prakash Singh Badal and former chief ministers Prem Kumar Dhumal and B C Khanduri also figure on the list.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
All seven contesting from the Lok Sabha constituencies in Delhi LS seats — Pravesh Sahib Singh, Ramesh Bidhuri, Harsh Vardhan, Manoj
Tiwari, Udit Raj, Maheish Girri and Meenakshi Lekhi — will also campaign as as star campaigners.
Modi will be addressing a rally on March 26 at Shastri park in trans Yamuna.
“The star campaigners have voiced their concern as all of them are fighting elections themselves. Addressing this issue, the party has drawn an extensive list of the expected campaigners,” the senior leader said.
“The party will finalise the dates with them soon. Meanwhile, the Delhi candidates are sending in their choices for their favourite campaigners,” the leader said.