To ensure that the BJP campaign is ‘star-powered’, the party on Monday decided that all its star campaigners would campaign in the national capital, irrespective of campaigns in their own constituencies.
For the same, the party has listed out the names of 43 ‘expected star campaigners’ this Lok Sabha elections, which include senior leaders such as L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and its prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi.
Since all those names on the star campaigners list are themselves contesting elections in various parts of the country, the party has asked them to spare a day for the Delhi candidates.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Elections for Sushmaji’s and Arun Jaitleyji’s constituencies will be later (after the elections in Delhi). They can spare some time for the capital in between,” a senior leader said.
Other star campaigners for the party include senior leaders Nitin Gadkari, M M Joshi, Vinod Khanna, Smriti Irani, N S Sidhu, Vani Tripathi.
Chief ministers Raman Singh, Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Vasundhara Raje Schindia, Prakash Singh Badal and former chief ministers Prem Kumar Dhumal and B C Khanduri also figure on the list.
All seven contesting from the Lok Sabha constituencies in Delhi LS seats — Pravesh Sahib Singh, Ramesh Bidhuri, Harsh Vardhan, Manoj
Tiwari, Udit Raj, Maheish Girri and Meenakshi Lekhi — will also campaign as as star campaigners.
Modi will be addressing a rally on March 26 at Shastri park in trans Yamuna.
“The star campaigners have voiced their concern as all of them are fighting elections themselves. Addressing this issue, the party has drawn an extensive list of the expected campaigners,” the senior leader said.
“The party will finalise the dates with them soon. Meanwhile, the Delhi candidates are sending in their choices for their favourite campaigners,” the leader said.