Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said there was no hurry to implement Presidents rule in Delhi as recommended by Lt Governor Najeeb Jung in his report to the Home Ministry. He said the Centre will give more time to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal. We will give some more days for government formation in Delhi. This a democratic process, Shinde said.
AAP had sought time from Lieutenant Governor to take a decision on whether to form the government after the Congress,with eight MLAs,offered outside support to the Arvind Kejriwal-led party.
The AAP had put forward 18 conditions for the Congress and the BJP before taking a call on accepting outside support to form a government.
The Congress put the ball back in the AAPs court,saying 16 of its 18 demands involved administrative decisions and had nothing to do with Parliament or Assembly.
The Congress has extended unconditional support to the AAP to form a government in Delhi and in such a process… if a government has to be established by coalition… it takes some time to forge the coalition. Hence,we have asked the L-G that you ask AAP leader Kejriwal as to how much time it will take. The Home Secretary has been asked to talk with the L-G, Shinde said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Shinde said in the absence of a clear verdict,giving time helps the situation. We are giving time because we have to facilitate… Delhis electorate has not given a full mandate to any party. The BJP is not ready to form a government despite having the maximum seats. The Congress has given unconditional support to the AAP and they will have to think about it … Lets see what happens, he said.
The Lt-Governor in his report has already recommended that Delhi be put under Presidents rule as the new Assembly is in suspended animation. This was one of the options listed by Jung in his report to President Pranab Mukherjee after consultations with the BJP and the AAP.
Meanwhile,AAP media coordinator Aswathi Muralidharan said,The Ministry of Home Affairs has no role to play in government formation in Delhi. The party will come to a decision by Monday.
The referendum launched by AAP on whether it should form a government with the Congress support has received nearly six lakh replies,mostly via SMSes. The party is scheduled to hold jan sabhas over the weekend to gather public opinion.