Central government will prepare a draft policy on regularisation of unauthorized colonies in the national capital within 15-20 days, Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said on Tuesday after a meeting with Union Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu. All seven MPs, several municipal leaders, led by Upadhyay, held a meeting with Naidu where Urban Development Secretary of Delhi, all the three Municipal Commissioners, senior officers of DJB, DDA, CPWD, NDMC were also present.
“In the meeting, Naidu directed officials of concerned departments that draft policy be prepared within 15-20 days on the regularisation of unauthorised colonies. The minister has also given directions for clearing all hurdles coming in the way for regularising these colonies,” Upadhyay said.
Upadhyay said that they also demanded the Central Government should give permission for regularising colonies which have come up till 2013.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
“We have also requested him to allow municipal corporations to start development works in unauthorized colonies so that people living in this colonies could get basic amenities,” Upadhyay said. He also said that as per minister’s directions, all departments will start “Better Delhi Campaign” with a time frame of September 30.
In this campaign, there will be complete land mapping of Delhi so that the public services like parking, schools, hospitals, women hostels, land for public conveniences may be marked and work could be started.
Giving further details, Upadhyay also said that Naidu has directed all the officers cocerned that by the September 30, land for sanitary field must be earmarked and modernization work for waste management may be started besides production of power from garbage. The Delhi BJP chief also said that Naidu directed the DJB that it should frame a policy and present a time bound scheme by September 30 for regular supply of water in colonies, including Dwarka.
He also said that in order to fulfill the desire of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, all the three BJP ruled Municipal Corporations will take all possible steps to provide sanitation and health services in Delhi by October 2.
“We will observe Special Sanitation Week from September 25 October to October 2 during which MCD will launch cleaning drive in different parts of Delhi,” Upadhyay said.
“In the meeting, they also raised the need of ending the requirement of getting the layout plan passed by the Corporations for the plots up to 200 meters and requested that the building bye laws should be amended appropriately so that there is no need for getting the certificate and other permissions from the architect and structural engineer for small plots,” he added.