After much anticipation, the new Mandi House Metro station — part of the ambitious Phase-3 of the Delhi Metro — is ready to open for commuters on Thursday. The Janpath Metro station has also reportedly got the mandatory safety clearance and would be opened for the public shortly.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) officials said the Central Secretariat-Mandi House section has received the mandatory safety clearance from the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) and the line will be opened for commercial services from June 26.
Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu, who travelled in the Airport Express line from IGI airport upon his return from Hyderabad on Monday, will inaugurate the Mandi House station and flag off the first Metro train at 9.30 am on Thursday.
“This entirely underground corridor is 3 kilometres long and consists of two stations — Janpath and Mandi House. Mandi House will provide interchange facility with the currently operational Blue Line from Dwarka Sector 21 to Noida City Centre.
The new line is expected to reduce travel time and ease traffic congestion, especially between South and East Delhi. The Rajiv Chowk Metro station, which presently experiences a high footfall during peak hours on both the Blue Line (Dwarka-Noida) and the Yellow Line (Gurgaon-Jahangirpuri) will benefit as Mandi House is expected to take care of a major chunk of commuters.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
The commissioning of the two stations is also expected to reduce road traffic on the stretch between Mandi House and India Gate. According to officials, roads that will benefit the most from the two stations being opened will be Sikandra Road, ITO crossing and Tilak Marg.
The Mandi House station is a part of the extension till Kashmere Gate and will be an interchange station catering to the Blue Line and the Badarpur line.