The Central Secretariat to Mandi House stretch on the Violet Line of the Delhi Metro will be thrown open to the public on Thursday, making commuting much smoother and less time-consuming for more than 70,000 persons who are expected to commute on the stretch.
The two stations — part of Delhi Metro’s phase-III — will be inaugurated by Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu, who will flag off the first train from Mandi House at 9.30 am on Thursday. The stretch will be open for use by commuters from 12 noon.
Rajiv Chowk station — an interchange point between Blue line (Dwarka to Noida/Vaishali) and Yellow Line (Jahangirpuri to Gurgaon) — will be the foremost beneficiary once the Central Secretariat-Mandi House becomes operational. A major chunk of commuters at Rajiv Chowk station — which has a daily footfall of at least 5,00,000 — will be taken care of at Mandi House, where the Blue Line will directly meet the Violet Line (Badarpur to Central Secretariat).
With these two stations, the triangular route encompassing almost every area in and around Connaught Place — where several important Public Sector Units and multinational corporations are headquartered — will be complete. From tomorrow, CP alone would have six stations — Central Secretariat, Patel Chowk, Rajiv Chowk, Barakhamba Road, Mandi House and Janpath.
“Commuters can now choose the closest Metro station. It is going to be time saving for those travelling between routes on the Blue and the Violet lines. For example, if someone from Dwarka or Noida works in an office in Nehru Place, earlier, the commuter had to go to Rajiv Chowk and board the Yellow line to Central Secretariat. From where, the commuter would take the Violet line to the destination. From tomorrow, they can simply go to Mandi House and take the Violet line. We are expecting about 70,000 people to use Mandi House station and Violet line daily,” a spokesperson for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) told Newsline.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Though the DMRC is not yet in a position to put an exact figure to passenger load that will be taken off Rajiv Chowk, officials said a major portion of Southwest Delhi and NCR commuters will be taken care of by the new Mandi House exchange point.