Days after being rapped by the Delhi high court for allowing ‘illegal’ e-Rickshaws to ply, the Central govt on Friday filed an affidavit in High Court stating that e-rickshaws will be brought under Motor Vehicles Act.
The govt in its plea has sought two months time to finalise the guidelines, and has requested the court to revoke its ban on the operation of e-rickshaws in the city.
The hearing in the case is expected to come up in the afternoon. It remains to be seen whether the court of Justice BD Ahmed and Justice Siddharth Mridul, who had earlier this week said that the stay would continue till a ‘proper policy’ was in place, will accept the Government’s submissions.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to the affidavit, the e-rickshaws will be brought under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, and in case of any accidents with e-rickshaws,the compensation will be as per MV act.
A speed limit of maximum 25 km per hour and maximum carrying capacity of 4 person and 50 kg of cargo will be prescribed as per the draft guidelines.
Registration will be given for three wheeled vehicle with the motor power less than aprox 650 to 1000 watts, to operate within a municipal area or gram panchayat by state govt.
Only drivers who have valid license will be allowed to register, and registration will have to be renewed every three years.
The routes on which the rickshaws will ply will be finalised by municipal corporations/ DM/ police/ transport officers.
The hearing in the case will be held after lunch.