A riot-like situation broke out in North Delhi’s Kotwali area after a 55-year-old man riding a scooty was hit by a Santro with a police constable behind the wheel. Police said the man, Kamruddin, died on the spot. His wife, Amina, who was riding pillion, was critically injured.
Soon after the accident, commuters and passersby began hurling stones at the Santro and blocked the road. Constable Suresh, who was driving the car, was apprehended. A case of rash and negligent driving causing death will be registered against him, police said.
“Eyewitnesses said Suresh was driving at a high speed and reportedly could not spot the scooty. When he did, he lost control and could not apply the brakes on time. The car ran over the man, dragging the scooty along nearly 50 metres,” an officer said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen