Bijwasan MLA Colonel Devinder Sehrawat Saturday wrote to Education Minister Manish Sisodia urging him to cancel the licence issued to Ryan International School, Vasant Kunj, and to seal a swimming pool on the premises that allegedly uses Delhi Jal Board’s (DJB) drinking water supplied via an “illegal” connection.
Following the death of a Class I student at the school Saturday, Sehrawat sought strict action against the errant officials responsible for providing the connection.
- Ryan school murder: Supreme Court seeks reply of Pintos on a plea to cancel anticipatory bail
- Ryan murder case: After CBSE, NDMC issues circular on safety guidelines to schools
- Body of class 2 student found inside toilet at Gurgaon school, two detained; parents stage protest
- Kids' death in schools: HC orders setting up of special task force
- PIL on death of two students: Delhi HC asks schools to be inspected for structural safety
- Ryan International School denies negligence: Found inside water tank on school premises, boy dead
Sehrawat wrote that while the student had died after falling into an underground water tank, a five-year-old student from a municipal school in Kapashera had died on January 27 after falling into an open sewer.
He added that he had filed a PIL in the Delhi High Court against the Kapashera incident, accusing the school staff, municipal corporation contractors from the Najafgarh zone and the zone’s deputy commissioner of negligence. He also sought that action be taken against them. “Today’s incident was reported from a reputed private school in South Delhi. Parents are concerned over the safety of their children,” he wrote.