The AAP on Saturday demanded that former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit be removed as Kerala Governor and a criminal case be registered against her and her erstwhile cabinet for “looting the people of Delhi.
The demand came a day after the CAG tabled a report in Parliament stating that the Dikshit government “wasted around Rs 3,000 crore in the name of providing basic services like sewer lines, water lines, roads and drainage to all the 895 unauthorised colonies — which in reality were not provided at all”.
“The CAG has corroborated the findings of the former Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin on the issue. The onus of providing justice to the people of Delhi now squarely rests with the Narendra Modi-led BJP’s Central government. This government has over the past month removed governors appointed by the UPA on political grounds. Then the obvious question is why is it shying away from sacking Sheila Dikshit?” a senior AAP leader said.
The erstwhile AAP government had on February 3 recommended to the President action against Dikshit. The President had sought the government’s views on the findings of the Lokayukta report, submitted in November 2013, the AAP said.
“The Lokayukta’s findings, now corroborated by the CAG report, on unauthorised colonies have nailed Sheila Dikshit and her ministers beyond doubt. Her government had acted in complete violation of the Supreme Court judgment of 2006, in which it was clearly laid down that no government can regularise unauthorised colonies without providing basic facilities. It also needs to be investigated where this Rs 3,000 crore — shown in official papers as having been spent on providing basic facilities — has been siphoned off,” the AAP said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More