A 52-year-old businessman was allegedly robbed of jewellery worth Rs 2 crore and Rs 3 lakh cash by five unidentified assailants in East Delhi’s Geeta Colony on Sunday.
Police said Rajesh Kumar, who deals in wholesale gold jewellery and has an outlet in Chandni Chowk, was getting home when his SX4 was intercepted by a Zen the moment he crossed the Geeta Colony flyover.
“Five men inside the Zen stepped out of the car and knocked on the window of Kumar’s driver. When the driver refused to roll it down, one of them smashed the window,” police said. According to Kumar’s statement to police, the men pulled him out of the car and started to beat him. When Kumar tried to resist, one of them reportedly whipped out a pistol and held it close to Kumar’s temple.
“The complainant claimed that one of them pulled out the bag of cash from the rear seat, while the other took out the bag carrying gold jewellery and some raw jewellery. The men then punched the businessman, and before he could raise an alarm, the four assailants drove off in their Zen,” a senior police officer said.
Meanwhile, Kumar lost his phone and reportedly borrowed his driver’s phone to make a PCR call, police said. Police have registered a case of robbery. Police suspect the involvement of an insider as the assailants were aware that Kumar would be carrying his week’s collection of cash and gold jewellery home. “We suspect that somebody from his outlet informed the assailants who were tracking the businessman’s movement,” a police officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More