Police have sent samples collected from a car — Toyota Etios — which caught fire on Thursday for a forensic examination to ascertain the cause of the fire. Anil Moga (30), who owns a shop of wholesale gift items in Sadar Bazar, was charred after he got trapped in the car.
A case of negligence has been registered against unknown persons, police said. Though police said it appeared to be an accidental fire, an investigation into the case was initiated.
Eyewitnesses had told police that the fire spread so quickly that Moga was unable to escape. Since the car had a central-locking system, the doors of the car were jammed and the power window stopped working.
“The car was serviced just weeks ago and it does not look like there was a technical fault. We have sent samples from the car to ascertain the cause of the fire,” an officer said.
Moga’s relative said, “We will cooperate with the investigation. We are not blaming anyone for the incident. We have lost a family member and we have no energy to fight. Police said they have sent the samples for a forensic examination and if they find that the company was at fault, then they will take required action. We are not filing any complaint from our side.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Anil is survived by his parents, his wife, a son and a daughter. Who is going to support his family now? His wife is still in a shock and the children are not even aware of the tragedy,” he said.