After the BJP central leadership made it clear that there would be no poaching of MLAs from opposition parties to form government in Delhi, state unit chief Satish Upadhyay on Friday said the party is ready for fresh polls.
Asked about possibilities of forming government in Delhi, Upadhyay said, “The decision to form the government is yet to be taken, but we are ready for fresh polls. We want the decision on elections to be taken as soon as possible. The ball is in court of the L-G and the Election Commission. I am worried about the perception that the people of Delhi have about BJP and not what the AAP thinks about us.”
For many, Upadhyay’s statement did not come as a surprise as Delhi has received sops from the Centre in the budget announced on Friday. When asked whether the budget was an indication that the party would opt for elections rather than form the government, Upadhyay said it was not a “chunavi budget”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Budget was to be announced and the finance minister should be given credit for being sensitive towards the the people of Delhi,” the Delhi BJP chief said.
On his party’s MLA Rambir Singh Bidhuri’s claim that BJP can form the government in 24 hours, Upadhyay said, “I have heard his statement. He specified that seven AAP MLAs came to him as they were feeling suffocated due to dictatorship of the party chief. He then asked central leadership about it and central leadership refused to entertain them. Being a leader, he keeps meeting MLAs over tea. The AAP has created confusion in Delhi for past one-and-a-half year and it is we who have to give a clarification.”
Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi said, “The ball is in the court of the L-G. He is under statutory duty to explore all possibilities to give Delhi a stable government.”