After the BJP central leadership made it clear that there would be no poaching of MLAs from opposition parties to form government in Delhi, state unit chief Satish Upadhyay on Friday said the party is ready for fresh polls.
Asked about possibilities of forming government in Delhi, Upadhyay said, “The decision to form the government is yet to be taken, but we are ready for fresh polls. We want the decision on elections to be taken as soon as possible. The ball is in court of the L-G and the Election Commission. I am worried about the perception that the people of Delhi have about BJP and not what the AAP thinks about us.”
For many, Upadhyay’s statement did not come as a surprise as Delhi has received sops from the Centre in the budget announced on Friday. When asked whether the budget was an indication that the party would opt for elections rather than form the government, Upadhyay said it was not a “chunavi budget”.
“Budget was to be announced and the finance minister should be given credit for being sensitive towards the the people of Delhi,” the Delhi BJP chief said.
On his party’s MLA Rambir Singh Bidhuri’s claim that BJP can form the government in 24 hours, Upadhyay said, “I have heard his statement. He specified that seven AAP MLAs came to him as they were feeling suffocated due to dictatorship of the party chief. He then asked central leadership about it and central leadership refused to entertain them. Being a leader, he keeps meeting MLAs over tea. The AAP has created confusion in Delhi for past one-and-a-half year and it is we who have to give a clarification.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Senior BJP leader Jagdish Mukhi said, “The ball is in the court of the L-G. He is under statutory duty to explore all possibilities to give Delhi a stable government.”