In a bizarre incident, the Delhi-bound Patna-Anand Vihar Superfast special travelled to the wrong railway station in the national capital on Sunday, after being incorrectly directed in Ghaziabad.
Instead of Anand Vihar railway station, where the train was scheduled to arrive, it instead travelled to the New Delhi railway station. Consequently, passengers were inconvenienced for over four hours as the train was then rerouted back to Anand Vihar. Senior officials of the Northern Railways said the incident took place due to “human error”.
“The incident took place around 5.30 pm, when the Patna Superfast train headed for Anand Vihar railway station was mistakenly directed towards New Delhi near Ghaziabad. While there was a delay, there were no safety concerns whatsoever and all passengers were secure at all times,” the official said.
However, no explanation was provided on how railway personnel posted at Ghaziabad, as well as those on the train, travelled to New Delhi railway station without noticing that something was wrong.
Officials, however, said a three-member team had been set up to probe the incident. “Based on preliminary investigation, we have suspended five persons. These include the assistant station masters at Ghaziabad and Sahibabad, two drivers as well as the guard. Strict action will be taken against anyone found guilty of negligence,” Neeraj Sharma, spokesperson for the Northern Railways, said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
In another case in September 2011, a special train from Tirupati to Varanasi via Bhubaneswar had travelled in the entirely wrong direction after incorrect signaling at Vijaywada. The train had eventually landed up as far as Warangal, Telangana, before being turned back to its original path.