The body of a 40-year-old woman was found with a bullet injury inside a car in North Delhi’s Maurice Nagar Tuesday evening. Her friend, who was driving the car in which she was found, has been detained.
Police are trying to ascertain if it is a case of suicide or murder. The victim lived in outer Delhi’s Rohini with her husband and two children, said police.
“On Tuesday evening, she met her friend at Bonta Park, located on the Kamla Nehru Ridge. They had a conversation inside her friend’s car which turned into an argument,” said a police officer.
- 20-year-old woman found with throat slit at friend’s home
- Malviya Nagar: 73-year-old woman found dead, with hands tied, at home
- Panchkula: Student found dead in car with bullet injuries
- Shalimar Bagh murder: Day later, man admits he gunned down wife
- Hyderabad murder: Police detain former schoolmate of deceased 17-year-old girl
- Delhi: Man who drove around with woman’s body in car held for murder
Police said the victim’s friend called up her sister and told her that she had shot herself dead inside his car. He told her that he was going to commit suicide, after which the victim’s sister informed police.
“Police set up check-posts in the area and started looking for the car… at a check-post in Maurice Nagar, they finally spotted the car being driven by the woman’s friend. Inside the vehicle, they found the woman’s body. Her friend has been detained. We are trying to find out if he killed the victim or if she committed suicide,” added the officer.
The suspect, a property dealer from Malka Ganj, and the victim have known each other for seven years, said police sources.
The woman’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination, they said. The gun used in the incident was also recovered from the suspect’s possession, said police.
Police said they are also looking into whether the suspect was on his way to “dump the body in an “isolated spot”.