Amidst moves for government formation in Delhi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said his party BJP will take a decision on the issue.
“The party will take a decision,” he told reporters after Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, who is election incharge of party affairs in Delhi, met him at the North Block.
He was replying to reporters on Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung’s report to the Centre recommending calling BJP to form government in the capital.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The Home Minister said the LG’s report has not come to him yet.
However, official sources said in his report, the LG has sought permission to explore the possibilities of formation of a government by consulting the single largest party, which is BJP with 28 seats in a House of 70. Its ally Akali Dal has one MLA.
After his meeting with the Home Minister, Gadkari said that BJP will not indulge in horse trading.
Senior party leaders feel that the LG should invite the single-largest party.
BJP leader Prabhat Jha, who is BJP vice president and state incharge of Delhi, also met the Home Minister.