With Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung recommending President’s rule in the capital, the BJP on Saturday said it will now focus its efforts on exposing the AAP and preparing for the Lok Sabha elections.
The party said it would stage a dharna on February 18 at Jantar Mantar to expose AAP. BJP will also prepare a pamphlet highlighting the “misdeeds” of the AAP and these will be distributed to each household.
Senior leaders of the BJP’s Delhi unit who met on Saturday also discussed the need to resolve internal leadership issues in order to defeat the AAP in elections. It has been learnt from sources that the factionalism within the party’s Delhi unit had caused tension even on the floor of the House on Friday with some BJP leaders wanting to stage a walkout on the Jan Lokpal issue.
This stand the BJP had taken in the House had prompted Kejriwal to allege that the BJP and the Congress were working together to pull down the government.
However, the decision to recommend President’s rule has brought some relief to the BJP camp as it now wants to focus its energy on exposing AAP.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The leadership issues in the Delhi unit has made it lose direction. We would like the senior leadership to resolve this as soon as possible as it will also impact the Lok Sabha elections,” a senior leader said.
Leader of BJP Legislature Party Harsh Vardhan alleged that Kejriwal did not want to get the Jan Lokpal Bill cleared and that was why he had not taken the legal course to introduce the Bill.
“We have clarified that the BJP is committed to bring about a strong Jan Lokpal to fight corruption. L-G is the representative of the President and any message to the Delhi Assembly from him is his command. The CM should have sent the Bill to the Centre for approval and presented it in the House in the legal way. Kejriwal’s intention was only to use the Bill to his benefit. His politics is based on lies,” he said.