With Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung recommending President’s rule in the capital, the BJP on Saturday said it will now focus its efforts on exposing the AAP and preparing for the Lok Sabha elections.
The party said it would stage a dharna on February 18 at Jantar Mantar to expose AAP. BJP will also prepare a pamphlet highlighting the “misdeeds” of the AAP and these will be distributed to each household.
Senior leaders of the BJP’s Delhi unit who met on Saturday also discussed the need to resolve internal leadership issues in order to defeat the AAP in elections. It has been learnt from sources that the factionalism within the party’s Delhi unit had caused tension even on the floor of the House on Friday with some BJP leaders wanting to stage a walkout on the Jan Lokpal issue.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
This stand the BJP had taken in the House had prompted Kejriwal to allege that the BJP and the Congress were working together to pull down the government.
However, the decision to recommend President’s rule has brought some relief to the BJP camp as it now wants to focus its energy on exposing AAP.
“The leadership issues in the Delhi unit has made it lose direction. We would like the senior leadership to resolve this as soon as possible as it will also impact the Lok Sabha elections,” a senior leader said.
Leader of BJP Legislature Party Harsh Vardhan alleged that Kejriwal did not want to get the Jan Lokpal Bill cleared and that was why he had not taken the legal course to introduce the Bill.
“We have clarified that the BJP is committed to bring about a strong Jan Lokpal to fight corruption. L-G is the representative of the President and any message to the Delhi Assembly from him is his command. The CM should have sent the Bill to the Centre for approval and presented it in the House in the legal way. Kejriwal’s intention was only to use the Bill to his benefit. His politics is based on lies,” he said.