The BJP on Tuesday hit out at Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for his protest outside Rail Bhawan, saying the AAP government in the capital was a loss to the nation.
Harsh Vardhan, Leader of Opposition in the Delhi Assembly, said the protest had shown the country in a poor light before the world. “Never before in this country has any elected representative abused the Constitution like this. And to add to the insult of those who gave them power, they cheated them by calling off the dharna on a demand that has not been met by the Centre,” he said.
Harsh Vardhan criticised Kejriwal for letting down the people of the capital.
Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel said the AAP calling off the protest indicated an understanding between the Congress and the ruling party. “The way this crisis has been resolved shows there was a complete understanding between the Congress and the AAP from the beginning to stage this drama. The two parties are playing petty politics to cheat common citizens.”
Delhi Congress chief Arvinder Singh Lovely, however, welcomed Kejriwal’s decision to call off the protest and said now, the AAP’s prerogative should be to focus on ruling Delhi in the manner they promised. “Now that the AAP’s protest has resulted in two police officers being sent on leave, they should focus on governance. Kejriwal needs to start delivering on the promises he made,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Congress said it was time for the AAP to focus on the real needs of the common man. Lovely said that amid the protest by the AAP, a number of people, who were on dharnas over various demands, had been ignored. “A group of teachers has been staging a protest for regularisation outside the Secreteriat for 10 days. Kejriwal should now at least give them five minutes of his time,” he said.
SC agrees to hear PIL over AAP protest
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to hear a PIL seeking action against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Law Minister Somnath Bharti for resorting to “agitation and streetfight” for removal of some police officers.
The PIL was filed by advocate M L Sharma.