Claiming that the BJP was “making desperate attempts to poach MLAs from other parties”, all 27 MLAs of the Aam Aadmi Party met President Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday evening and asked that the Delhi Assembly be dissolved.
“In a letter submitted to Pranab, AAP national convenor and New Delhi MLA Arvind Kejriwal said the BJP had approached 15 MLAs over the past few days, offering them money ranging from Rs 10 crore to 20 crore.
Kejriwal’s letter said, “In the last few days, BJP has approached 15 of our MLAs, with offers of ministerial berths, properties and cash ranging from Rs 10 crore to Rs 20 crore. When this did not work, the BJP has now resorted to making life threats on our MLAs. On the evening of July 1, 2014, Bandana Kumari, our MLA from Shalimar Bagh, was given a life threat. She has already filed a police complaint in this regard. We are attaching a CD with this letter which contains CCTV footage of the people who came to threaten Bandana Kumari.”
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Hitting out at the NDA government, Kejriwal wrote that a dent in BJP’s popularity had resulted in the party shying away from Assembly polls. “The NDA government was sworn in on May 26 at the Centre. People had very high hopes from this new government. In the last one month, however, the hopes of people have been shattered because the prices of almost all commodities have been rising. No steps have been taken to check corruption and no steps have been taken so far which could give people a hope that things would improve in the future. This has severely dented BJP’s popularity… They are afraid that if elections are held in the near future, BJP would lose very badly. Therefore, BJP is making desperate attempts to poach MLAs from other parties,” Kejriwal wrote.
Calling President Pranab their last hope, Kejriwal said, “We would urge you to kindly save the Constitution by dissolving the Delhi Assembly and ordering fresh elections immediately…”
Shakeel Ahmed, Congress general secretary and in-charge in Delhi, said, “As far as I know, no Congress MLA has been approached by the BJP. But we aren’t surprised by their attempts to resort to unethical means.”