With the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh closely monitoring BJP’s campaigning for the Lok Sabha elections, party candidates for all the seven parliamentary seats in the capital visited the RSS headquarters at Jhandewalan on Sunday.
The meeting holds significance for those who have recently joined the party and are not very familiar with the functioning of the RSS.
Sources said the meeting served as an introductory session for the candidates to the RSS. At the meeting, the RSS nominated two Sangh pracharaks for each candidate, who will act as co-ordinators and oversee their campaigning.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“The meeting was scheduled so that the RSS and candidates could get to know each other. Two RSS co-ordinators and two BJP co-ordinators have been assigned to each candidate, who will monitor the campaigning and anti-party activities, if any,” a senior BJP leader said.
The RSS was actively involved in the finalisation of candidates for the seven Lok Sabha seats in the capital.
Sources said the RSS will play a crucial role in how these candidates carry out their campaigns in their respective parliamentary constituencies.
“With the RSS keeping a close watch and getting involved to a level, where it could also decide the campaign issues, the candidates could face tough days ahead,” a senior party leader said.
The candidates have also been given a senior RSS co-ordinator to put BJP’s house in order. Rebels will be dealt with more strongly and without leniency, the leader said.