A BJP MLA on Thursday sent legal notice for defamation to Arvind Kejriwal after the AAP chief accused the BJP party of resorting to horse-trading to form the government in the national capital.
“Since Kejriwal has accused the BJP of trying to buy the support of Congress MLAs for Rs 20 crore each by issuing his audio recorded message, I am very upset as I have been working for my party for 37 years. I didn’t have any option but to send him legal notice for defamation,” BJP MLA from Rajinder Nagar, R P Singh told reporters here.
In his notice, Singh has asked Kejriwal to tender a public apology to him for his false and defamatory allegations within seven days.
“I have also asked Kejriwal to pay Rs one crore for the mental agony, harassment and defamation caused to me. If Kejriwal fails to do so, I will move court and file a defamation case against him,” the BJP MLA said.
In his audio recorded message, Kejriwal had alleged that BJP is resorting to dishonest and highly unethical methods of trying to form the government by offering Rs 20 crore each to many MLAs. Is this democracy? It is completely wrong.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“If the BJP forms the government using such illegitimate methods and by spending hundreds of crores, then such a dishonest government will only increase your electricity bills, indulge in corruption and price rise.
“Would a government formed through dishonest means like horse-trading be able to provide safety for women?” Kejriwal said in the recorded message which is expected to be used by AAP to reach out to people by way of phone calls and radio adverstisements.