A BJP MLA on Thursday sent legal notice for defamation to Arvind Kejriwal after the AAP chief accused the BJP party of resorting to horse-trading to form the government in the national capital.
“Since Kejriwal has accused the BJP of trying to buy the support of Congress MLAs for Rs 20 crore each by issuing his audio recorded message, I am very upset as I have been working for my party for 37 years. I didn’t have any option but to send him legal notice for defamation,” BJP MLA from Rajinder Nagar, R P Singh told reporters here.
In his notice, Singh has asked Kejriwal to tender a public apology to him for his false and defamatory allegations within seven days.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I have also asked Kejriwal to pay Rs one crore for the mental agony, harassment and defamation caused to me. If Kejriwal fails to do so, I will move court and file a defamation case against him,” the BJP MLA said.
In his audio recorded message, Kejriwal had alleged that BJP is resorting to dishonest and highly unethical methods of trying to form the government by offering Rs 20 crore each to many MLAs. Is this democracy? It is completely wrong.
“If the BJP forms the government using such illegitimate methods and by spending hundreds of crores, then such a dishonest government will only increase your electricity bills, indulge in corruption and price rise.
“Would a government formed through dishonest means like horse-trading be able to provide safety for women?” Kejriwal said in the recorded message which is expected to be used by AAP to reach out to people by way of phone calls and radio adverstisements.