The Aam Aadmi Party will move the Election Commission next week seeking disqualification of BJP MLA Ranjit Singh for allegedly producing a fake Scheduled Caste certificate to contest the Delhi Assembly elections.
“AAP will move EC next week to seek disqualification of BJP’s Gokalpur (reserved) MLA Ranjit Singh for cheating election authorities and the people by having produced a fake SC certificate to contest the 2013 Delhi Assembly election,” AAP alleged in a statement.
The party also said that a Delhi court on Wednesday reportedly directed the police to lodge an FIR and furnish its copy within two days.
“AAP is of the clear view that such an individual can no longer be a member of the Assembly. The party has decided to
move the EC under the relevant provisions of the Representation of the People Act, after having perused the relevant documents, from which a clear case of disqualification is made out,” the statement said.
According to the AAP, it is not only a clear and proven case of concealment of facts before the election authorities,
but also a case of forgery and cheating is also made out in this regard.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“The issue raises serious questions about the kind of politics in which the BJP is indulging. What is the BJP stand on the issue? Will it take action against its MLA who has breached all levels of political decency and has committed a fraud on the weaker sections of the society?,” the party statement added.