The Aam Aadmi Party will move the Election Commission next week seeking disqualification of BJP MLA Ranjit Singh for allegedly producing a fake Scheduled Caste certificate to contest the Delhi Assembly elections.
“AAP will move EC next week to seek disqualification of BJP’s Gokalpur (reserved) MLA Ranjit Singh for cheating election authorities and the people by having produced a fake SC certificate to contest the 2013 Delhi Assembly election,” AAP alleged in a statement.
The party also said that a Delhi court on Wednesday reportedly directed the police to lodge an FIR and furnish its copy within two days.
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
“AAP is of the clear view that such an individual can no longer be a member of the Assembly. The party has decided to
move the EC under the relevant provisions of the Representation of the People Act, after having perused the relevant documents, from which a clear case of disqualification is made out,” the statement said.
According to the AAP, it is not only a clear and proven case of concealment of facts before the election authorities,
but also a case of forgery and cheating is also made out in this regard.
“The issue raises serious questions about the kind of politics in which the BJP is indulging. What is the BJP stand on the issue? Will it take action against its MLA who has breached all levels of political decency and has committed a fraud on the weaker sections of the society?,” the party statement added.