The exit polls ruling in favour of the Bharatiya Janata Party sent the Delhi unit of the party into celebration mode. Workers got down to making preparations for the counting day, even as leaders advised them to maintain a certain degree of caution till the final results were declared on May 16.
At a meeting of party’s post holders convened at the Delhi BJP headquarters on Monday, party leaders discussed minute details of events to be held on the counting day. Placing of more counting agents, strategy to be adopted, preparation of counting day at the Delhi headquarters, food arrangements and screens to televise the results — everything was covered during the meeting.
While, BJP workers appeared confident of the party’s victory in the Lok Sabha polls, they were advised by senior members of the RSS and the the BJP to be cautious.
“We have suggested that grand celebrations be held, with food and beverages made available for all those who come by to party office on the counting day. Since we are all expecting a victory, we planned for a grand menu with a long list of items for May 16. However, senior leaders asked us to apply caution while deciding the menu,” a senior party worker said.
Abiding by the leaders’ advise to be cautious, sources said the dholwalas and the garlands would be called in only after the results were declared.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“The party may believe that it will win by majority, but we are still monitoring the trends. So, dholwalas and decorators will be kept on hold until the results are out. We saw what happened during the Assembly elections, when despite a majority, we failed to form the government,” a leader said.
Monday’s meeting also brought activity to the Delhi BJP headquarters after a long time.
“Most were busy campaigning for other party candidates outside Delhi. Their supporters and workers too camped constituencies where Delhi leaders were campainging. Now, that the voting is over, everyone has returned. The party office will be abuzz again as many leaders have been given the responsibility for putting up counting agents,” the leader said.