The exit polls ruling in favour of the Bharatiya Janata Party sent the Delhi unit of the party into celebration mode. Workers got down to making preparations for the counting day, even as leaders advised them to maintain a certain degree of caution till the final results were declared on May 16.
At a meeting of party’s post holders convened at the Delhi BJP headquarters on Monday, party leaders discussed minute details of events to be held on the counting day. Placing of more counting agents, strategy to be adopted, preparation of counting day at the Delhi headquarters, food arrangements and screens to televise the results — everything was covered during the meeting.
While, BJP workers appeared confident of the party’s victory in the Lok Sabha polls, they were advised by senior members of the RSS and the the BJP to be cautious.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“We have suggested that grand celebrations be held, with food and beverages made available for all those who come by to party office on the counting day. Since we are all expecting a victory, we planned for a grand menu with a long list of items for May 16. However, senior leaders asked us to apply caution while deciding the menu,” a senior party worker said.
Abiding by the leaders’ advise to be cautious, sources said the dholwalas and the garlands would be called in only after the results were declared.
“The party may believe that it will win by majority, but we are still monitoring the trends. So, dholwalas and decorators will be kept on hold until the results are out. We saw what happened during the Assembly elections, when despite a majority, we failed to form the government,” a leader said.
Monday’s meeting also brought activity to the Delhi BJP headquarters after a long time.
“Most were busy campaigning for other party candidates outside Delhi. Their supporters and workers too camped constituencies where Delhi leaders were campainging. Now, that the voting is over, everyone has returned. The party office will be abuzz again as many leaders have been given the responsibility for putting up counting agents,” the leader said.