With Lok Sabha polls around the corner, the BJP is putting its house in order before preparing to take on the AAP in the general elections.
With ticket hopefuls thronging the party office and senior leaders’ houses, Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel is likely to be accommodated in Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan. Plans are also afoot to try and field Kiran Bedi from New Delhi, to pitch her against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, making it Anna Hazare versus Kejriwal fight.
Goel said, “I will do as my party asks me to do. I am a worker and if they ask me to go to Rajya Sabha, I will abide by it.”
According to sources, the party is in talks with Bedi to accept the proposal to fight from New Delhi. It is learnt that Bedi is reluctant to fight from the seat, which may also see Kejriwal as a Lok Sabha candidate. “We are in talks with Bedi but she has not accepted the offer as yet,” a senior BJP leader said.
When contacted, Bedi said, “They might make an offer, but I have always maintained that I am not politically inclined.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Most of the sitting MLAs too are in the race to get MP tickets as they believe that general elections may give them chances than sitting in the opposition in Delhi. “We would not have asked for the MP tickets had we got a government in Delhi. Now many of us believe that fighting the Lok Sabha polls would be better,” a BJP MLA said.
There are many first time MLAs too who are pitching hard for Lok Sabha tickets.