With the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) raising the pitch in the capital, the BJP has sprung into action to prepare for fresh Delhi Assembly polls.
The process began with senior leader Nitin Gadkari hosting a high tea at his residence on Friday evening for party leaders. While leaders said the high tea was to thank workers for their “hard work” during the Lok Sabha elections, sources said the meeting did have a political agenda.
Another meeting of BJP MLAs, candidates who lost in Assembly polls and party district presidents has been called at the BJP headquarters on Saturday morning. Asked about the meeting, Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan said it was a routine one. However, senior leaders believe that the meeting would be crucial since fresh Delhi polls are likely.
Apart from deciding on the celebrations for the swearing-in ceremony of PM-designate Narendra Modi on Monday, Saturday’s meeting is likely to look into details of who will guide the party in Delhi if fresh elections are held.
“The issues of a chief ministerial candidate and Delhi unit chief are crucial, considering that we have only a few months to prepare for polls. We have to keep in mind that the AAP came in second in almost all Assembly segments in the Lok Sabha polls. We need to prepare a strategy and ensure that the party is not marred by infighting,” a senior leader said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, the party has begun preparations to celebrate Modi’s swearing-in on Monday. Festivities have been planned in Chandni Chowk where Harsh Vardhan will be felicitated. “Chandni Chowk will be illuminated from the bazaar to Red Fort and Lahori Gate. A large LED screen will be set up at Town Hall Chowk to let people watch Modi being sworn in as Prime Minister,” Delhi BJP media cell co-convener Praveen Shankar Kapoor said.