The BJP and the Congress continued to mount pressure on Thursday for the removal of Law Minister Somnath Bharti.
A Congress delegation met Lt-Governor Najeeb Jung to press for action against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) ministers for “taking the law into their hands”. A BJP delegation met Police Commissioner B S Bassi with a similar demand. The BJP also called for action against Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for “breaking the law”.
Both the Congress delegation, led by Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president Arvinder Singh Lovely and Congress Legislature Party leader Haroon Yusuf, and the BJP delegation, led by the Delhi unit chief Vijay Goel, said police were treating AAP ministers as “khas aadmis” and were afraid to take action against them.
“Bharti and (Rakhi) Birla are not ‘aam aadmis’, they have become ‘khas aadmis’ now that they have become ministers. Police are afraid to take action against them,” Lovely said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Goel said, “Bharti named a rape victim in an official statement and has been named in an FIR by a Ugandan woman… He has used indecent language against political leaders and he has not been arrested yet. Kejriwal violated Section 144…”
Goel said the BJP will keep up the pressure till Bharti was sacked and action was taken against Kejriwal. “The AAP government has been protecting the Congress and claiming there is no evidence of corruption against them,” he said.
BJP deputy leader in the Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad too sought Bharti’s removal. “Bharti has no moral right to remain in office even for a moment,” he said.
BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said, “We condemn Bharti’s behaviour towards the Ugandan women and seek his removal…”
The Congress also demanded action against AAP workers, who violated Section 144 during the protests at Rail Bhawan. The party also demanded action against Birla. Party leaders said the Lt-Governor assured that the guilty, even if they were ministers, would be punished.