The BJP’s Delhi unit chief, Harsh Vardhan, on Friday accused the UPA-led government of hiding religion-based statistics in Census reports.
The BJP alleged that the Central government had hidden the official figures specific to religion to hide the fact that Muslims in Gujarat had done better than those from the community in other states.
“Failure to improve the standard of living among Muslims has forced the Congress to take the anti-national step of suppressing Census figures. I, therefore, urge my Muslim brothers to make their democratic choice on the basis of proven track record of parties in so far as their development is concerned,” Harsh Vardhan claimed.
He further alleged, “The Census process was completed in 2011 and it took two years for the government to formally release the provisional figures. This is highly irregular and irresponsible because no modern governance is possible without the latest official data on the state of communities in relation to their economic condition, educational level, income and expenditure patterns.”
The BJP has demanded that the government disclose the full Census demographic data. Senior leaders of the party alleged that the Ministry of Home Affairs had suppressed Census figures and as a result, academicians were not aware of the exact demographic make up of India.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Harsh Vardhan said, “Every empirical study shows that Gujarat’s is doing better on every social and economic front. There should the no reason as to why the Muslims of UP and Bihar be deprived of the benefits of a performing government.”