The BJP’s Delhi unit chief, Harsh Vardhan, on Friday accused the UPA-led government of hiding religion-based statistics in Census reports.
The BJP alleged that the Central government had hidden the official figures specific to religion to hide the fact that Muslims in Gujarat had done better than those from the community in other states.
“Failure to improve the standard of living among Muslims has forced the Congress to take the anti-national step of suppressing Census figures. I, therefore, urge my Muslim brothers to make their democratic choice on the basis of proven track record of parties in so far as their development is concerned,” Harsh Vardhan claimed.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He further alleged, “The Census process was completed in 2011 and it took two years for the government to formally release the provisional figures. This is highly irregular and irresponsible because no modern governance is possible without the latest official data on the state of communities in relation to their economic condition, educational level, income and expenditure patterns.”
The BJP has demanded that the government disclose the full Census demographic data. Senior leaders of the party alleged that the Ministry of Home Affairs had suppressed Census figures and as a result, academicians were not aware of the exact demographic make up of India.
Harsh Vardhan said, “Every empirical study shows that Gujarat’s is doing better on every social and economic front. There should the no reason as to why the Muslims of UP and Bihar be deprived of the benefits of a performing government.”