Delhi BJP on Thursday questioned Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s “silence” over the arrest of his former Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar and mocked him for “not showing his face to the people”.
“The face of Manish Sisodia in today’s advertisement by Delhi government means the Chief Minister Kejriwal has lost his credentials and he is afraid of showing his face to the people. His silence since the arrest of Rajendra Kumar by CBI is questionable,” said Delhi BJP president Satish Upadhyay.
In a full-page advertisement in several newspapers on Thursday, Sisodia took on the Centre over the recent “undemocratic transfers” of nine officers out of the national capital, “which was done to paralyse” the city’s administration.
- Crisis in AAP after Kejriwal says sorry, Punjab chief resigns
- Delhi Assembly: Budget session to see debates on sealing, chief secretary ‘assault’
- Work with officers, keep them on your side: Mamata’s advice to Delhi CM
- Despite Delhi ‘crisis’, Centre not looking at President’s Rule
- Delhi chief secy ‘assault’ case: No need for hue and cry, let police probe case, says Manish Sisodia
- Rajendra Kumar arrested: Manish Sisodia says Centre trying to paralyse Kejriwal’s office
Watch Video: What’s making news
Sisodia has addressed the media twice on Kumar’s arrest and Thursday’s advertisement also carries his photo.
Kejriwal has not reacted publicly since Kumar’s arrest.
Upadhyay termed the advertisement as a “bundle of lies” rejecting Delhi government’s allegation that the works like development of unauthorised colonies and modernisation of schools and installing of CCTV cameras were hampered due to transfers.
“We challenge the government to show us development in a single unauthorised colony in Delhi,” he said.
South Delhi MP Ramesh Bidhuri claimed 1,700 unauthorised colonies have got “fundamental approval” in Delhi by the Centre adding that the party will expose the “false claims” of Kejriwal government on the issue.
“Delhi government has not started work on the file related to (seeking) approval of Modi government for regularisation of unauthroised colonies in 2014 and also they have not released the survey funds to MCDs in this regard,” he added.