The Delhi government on Monday issued health advisory after six more birds died of the Avian flu. The H5N8 flu has resulted in the deaths of 64 birds since October 14.
However, the H5N8 flu is not harmful to humans.
The government issued the advisory listing with a certain number of do’s and don’ts.
* Avoid direct contact with bird secretions
* Clean all feeders, waterers, cages, used for birds with detergents (soap/surf). Dispose properly all the slaughter waste.
* Please don’t touch dead birds with naked hands and inform the control room. Phone number 23890318 for further action.
* Wash hands frequently at the time of dealing with raw poultry products. Take due care of personal hygiene. Maintain cleanliness in surrounding.
* Always use mask and gloves at the time of dealing with raw chicken/chicken products.
* Eat only completely cooked meat and meat products (100ºC)
* In case any pond etc. is near your Mohala, Park, etc. and is not being disinfected with lime etc., then inform on above mention Control room Number.
* Do not consume uncooked chicken or eggs
* Do not consume half cooked chicken/bird or half boiled or half fried eggs
* Prevent exposure from sick looking (sluggish) chicken
* Do not keep raw meat near the cooked meat
Earlier, the Union Environment Ministry said a constant vigil is kept around the National Zoological Parks to monitor and contain the H5 avian influenza along with the state agencies and a three-member panel has been set up to keep a watch over the developments.