Hours after rebellion within the Aam Aadmi Party came to the fore on Wednesday with Laxmi Nagar MLA Vinod Kumar Binny threatening to hold a tell-all press conference on Thursday, leaders of the BJP said they were in touch with four AAP MLAs, including Binny.
The BJP, however, is not too keen to get involved in AAP’s affairs, till the Lok Sabha elections are held, in the hope that the “government will collapse under the weight of its own contradictions”.
BJP sources said they were in touch with four AAP MLAs — two of whom are from West Delhi.
“We have been in touch with V K Binny from the day he spoke against AAP the first time. On that occasion, he had said he was upset because he was not made a Cabinet minister. But this was denied by his party leader Kejriwal,” a senior BJP leader said.
The leader said despite being in touch with AAP MLAs, the party has decided not to take any steps as it feels that the AAP will face more rebellions in days to come.
“The directions from the BJP brass are not to get involved in AAP affairs, but to keep ourselves in the know of all crucial developments in the AAP. If the present circumstances persist, they themselves will become the reason of their fall,” another BJP leader said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On Wednesday, Binny had said, “There is a lot of difference between what AAP had promised and how the government is now working. I will divulge all these things in a press conference tomorrow to ensure accountability and transparency in the party. I am not upset over anything. The party is deviating from the main issues.”
In response, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said Binny had been demanding crucial posts in the government and the party. “Binny first came to me and asked for a minister’s post (on December 24) and then he came to demand a Lok Sabha ticket. I refused him. If he had a problem with me or the party, he should have voiced it in the meeting of the MLAs, but he did not,” Kejriwal said.
Rebutting Kejriwal’s comments, Binny said, “It is the biggest lie if he (Kejriwal) has made the statement that I went to him for a Lok Sabha ticket. I also never sought the post of minister.”