Pakistan might be keen to revive the bilateral hockey series against India this year but Hockey India is not too optimistic about a 2014 date and feels 2015 would be ideal to renew the event between the two neighbouring nations.
Top officials of Pakistan Hockey Federation had recently announced separate schedules for hosting the bilateral series in June-July but a HI source said they were yet to approach the government for clearance.
The source said HI will seek clearance for the tour only after a new government is in place. “We are committed to the tour but we haven’t sought permission for it yet. There is no point in putting the request now as a new government will be in place soon,” a top HI source said.
“We will try our best to organise the series this year but it’s highly unlikely. I feel whatever will happen it will happen next year as the new government will need time to settle down before taking such important decisions,” he said.
Both the PHF and HI had earlier agreed to hold the series in March-April, but the event got postponed because of the delay in getting permission from the respective governments.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
PHF president Akhtar Rasool and secretary Rana Mujahid had recently announced separate dates for the bilateral series. While media reports quoted Rasool as saying that the Indian team would arrive in Lahore on June 19, just after the World Cup at The Hague, Netherlands for the three-match series, Mujahid said India would reach Karachi on June 30 with the matches scheduled for July.
The HI source, however, refused to confirm the dates. “Nothing has been finalised as yet. So there is no question of announcing the dates,” he said.