A day after five AAP MLAs alleged that representatives from the BJP were trying to lure them away from the party with offers of money and ministerial posts, legislators of the AAP were warned by the party brass that there may be an attempt to conduct a sting operation on them in an attempt to hurt their credibility.
To put all speculation to rest, the AAP also passed a resolution on Wednesday which says the Delhi Assembly be immediately dissolved and that fresh elections be held in the capital. Sources said a delegation from the party may seek time with the L-G in the next few days.
AAP leaders said the issue of the BJP “attempting to bribe MLAs” was discussed in depth and AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal said MLAs must be careful of any such calls and what is said during the course of the conversation.
In the Assembly elections held last December, the AAP won 28 seats and the BJP 31. But three of the BJP’s MLAs — Harsh Vardhan, Parvesh Saheb Singh and Ramesh Bidhuri — resigned their MLA posts after they were elected to Parliament, bringing BJP tally to 28 as well.
“In an attempt to instil fear in the minds of AAP MLAs, Arvind told them that it is possible that a sting operation would be conducted on them. Just like the sting operation videos which had surfaced prior to Delhi Assembly elections, other political parties might try to do the same with AAP MLAs. Arvind asked us to be careful if someone approaches us to break away from the party and offered us money or ministerial posts,” a senior AAP leader said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
AAP MLA Madan Lal said, “It is clear that the only opposition left for the BJP is the AAP as we gained in voteshare during the Lok Sabha elections. In that regard, either the BJP can attempt to lure away our MLAs or trap them in a sting. It was discussed in the meeting that as far as possible, we should attempt to record such overtures when they are made.”
Called to review the process of organisation rebuilding, the meeting also saw the appointment of 14 district publicists in the capital.
“To strengthen the party structure at the district level, 14 district publicists have been appointed. Each of them will look after five Assembly constituencies,” the leader said.
Leaders also said in an attempt to strengthen the party’s organisational set-up, coordinators and observers have been appointed.
“A coordinator will supervise activities in a fixed number of Vidhan Sabha constituencies while the observer will serve as the link to the central party leadership. This is to ensure that an MLA can concentrate on the core concerns of the voters in his constituency,” a senior leader said.