An unidentified bag with Rs 1.75 lakh in cash found lying at Rajouri Garden Metro station triggered a bomb scare on the Blue Line — the busiest among all Metro routes — Wednesday. Sources said the bag had been left behind by a woman commuter.
Security officials at the Metro station said the incident was reported at about 11 am, when a CISF jawan spotted the unattended bag at the X-ray baggage scanner.
Watch What Else Is making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“He informed senior officials and a bomb detection and disposal team was called in immediately. After a preliminary inspection, nothing suspicious was found in the bag. Only wads of cash were found,” said officials.
The CISF officials analysed CCTV footage and found a woman had placed the bag for scanning and had gone through the Automatic Fare Collection gate without picking it up.
“A public announcement was made. In a few minutes, the woman came back to the baggage clearance counter and claimed the bag. Security personnel handed it over to her after checking her bona fides,” said officials.