The Anti-Corruption Branch has written to the Delhi government, requesting it to allot more space to accommodate a batch of new personnel in the unit.
The unit was revived after the Aam Aadmi Party came to power in Delhi, with the Arvind Kejriwal-led government giving its approval for an increase in staff. However, clearance for equipment required for surveillance and space to accommodate the new set of officers is still pending.
Sources in the ACB told Newsline that the unit had written to the government in the last week of December, requesting them to allot space to facilitate more staff. According to sources, the letter pointed out that fourth floor, C wing, of Vikas Bhawan in Civil Lines has always been a part of the ACB, but was taken away by the previous government when the anti-graft body was facing a staff shortage. Currently, the unit occupies the fifth floor of the same building.
The new government under Kejriwal, which has decided to focus on rooting out corruption in the capital, has started an anti-corruption hotline which advises people how to conduct sting operations. Hence, handling of the hotline and investigation into these cases has propped up the demand for an increase in staff members.
A source said, “The unit had almost become redundant and the fourth floor, C wing, which was also part of the department, had been taken away since there was a staff crunch. Now that there will be an increase in staff and with new inspectors having already been deputed, there will be a requirement for extra space. We have requested the government to provide us with the C wing of the fourth floor, which earlier belonged to the department.”
Meanwhile, the unit, which was using Omnis and Gypsies to run their operations, have now been given Swift Dzires. While six such cars have been provided to the unit, more will be sanctioned, sources said.
The unit has also requested the government to furnish new equipment for surveillance and other specialised tasks.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing