For rides in hot air balloons and staying in tents by the riverside, Delhi residents will no longer have to venture outside the capital.
At Kanganheri in Southwest Delhi, Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation (DTTDC) has developed an adventure park on a 14-acre green patch. The park has been named Haritima Island.
Equipped with facilities for hot air balloon flights and with plans to set up facilities for boating and riverside tents, the eco-tourism park is tipped to be a revenue driver for the corporation, an official said. The DTTDC plans to set up 12 air-conditioned tents along a water body in the middle of the adventure park. A night’s stay in these tents will cost between Rs 6,000 and Rs 6,500, the official said.
“The rent has been kept on the higher side as the number of tents is limited, but we believe people won’t mind shelling out that sum to get a feel of staying in a tent by the riverside,” the official said.
The DTTDC has already constructed several toilets and bathrooms, especially for those who will stay in these tents. Though the park was constructed six years ago, it will be inaugurated in the next three-four months. “Earlier, we did not get a good response to our tender for hot air balloon flights, but we hope to start it within three-four months,” the official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
After balloon rides and tents, the corporation plans to introduce boating facilities. “It is a major draw at eco-tourism spots,” the official said.
The DTTDC is also planning to float tenders for sports such as cycling and rappelling too. To make it commercially successful, the DTTDC has set up a restaurant in the adventure park, which has been designed keeping in mind that residents of Delhi have little options when it comes to open spaces for adventure sports.