Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to police forces of eight North East states to depute officers to Delhi Police.
The court said, “If this country is to survive and be at peace, each of us has to contribute. Today when boundaries between countries are disappearing its unfortunate that some sections of society are dividing states.”
The HC also directed the trial courts to expedite trial of alleged racial attack cases. It directed the Delhi government to complete purchase of forensic equipment in six months, and police to conduct recruitment drive in northeastern states.
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
On Tuesday, the Delhi High Court had asked the Home Ministry to consider changing the existing SC/ST Act or introducing a new law to allow provisions for deterrence against alleged “racial attacks” on people from Northeast states.
The National Capital has witnessed a rise in the attacks on people from Northeast including the death of Nido Taniam, a student from Arunachal Pradesh, rape of a Manipuri girl, assault on three Manipuri youths.