A student from Assam was robbed inside her paying guest (PG) accommodation by three men, who had entered the PG under the pretext of collecting donations, in south Delhi’s Vasant Kunj Friday.
The accused allegedly threatened the student and her room-mates that they will “come back again”. The complainant and her room-mates are students of mass communication in Tezpur Central University. They were working as interns in media houses in Delhi and the National Capital Region, and living in Kishangarh area of Vasant Kunj.
“The three men approached the students on the pretext of collecting donations. They forcibly entered the flat and took away the purse of one of the students, which contained Rs 2,000 in cash, “ said an officer.
- JNU sexual harassment case: Professor Atul Johri arrested after protests, gets bail
- Sexual harassment allegations against JNU professor: Eight complaints but one FIR, police face protests in Atul Johri case
- JNU Professor accused of harassment asked to join probe Monday
- In two separate cases, men arrested for ‘raping’ minor girls
- Minor girl raped by six in Bulandshahr, three accused arrested
- Haryana: Livid at being reprimanded, class 12 student shoots dead school principal in Yamunanagar
In her complaint, the student said, “While leaving, the men threatened us, saying they would come back, and asked us to keep more cash ready. We immediately called police and soon, a team arrived to investigate the matter.”
“A case is being registered. Efforts are on to track down the accused,” said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (south) Nupur Prasad.
Delhi Women and Child Development Minister Sandeep Kumar said, “The government is looking into the matter. I spoke to the station house officer concerned, who told me that an FIR has been registered in connection with the case.”
(With inputs from PTI)