It appears like one of the many television interviews with AAP leader and former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. But here, the anchor is former IBN7 Managing Editor and AAP’s candidate from Chandni Chowk, Ashutosh, with both the anchor and the guest donning AAP’s signature white caps.
The video — shot in a question-and-answer format — aims to “clear doubts” about some of the decisions taken by the AAP in the 49 days it governed Delhi.
The video, according to party spokespersons, will be played before all campaign meetings and rallies to be addressed by Kejriwal in Delhi, and played in the seven constituencies by the party’s respective candidates during their campaigns.
“The party had applied for clearance from the Election Commission (EC) for the video, which we have got. We will be playing it on various campaign platforms from now,” AAP spokesperson Deepak Bajpai said.
“It is just a new idea in campaign strategies. With so many former journalists, many of them known faces, now in the party, we thought this would help us connect better with voters, and rather than a one-sided speech in a rally, our party’s ideas would be expressed better and in a more interesting way in a question-and-answer format,” a senior party member said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The video begins with Ashutosh asking Kejriwal about the Delhi government’s decision to lodge an FIR against Mukesh Ambani. Kejriwal explains his government’s stance against corruption, arguing that his aim was “always to fight corruption at all levels”. Ashutosh also asks Kejriwal about critics questioning his decision to resign as CM “before fulfilling the promises you made to the people”.
Kejriwal’s response is that he had made it clear from the very start that corruption and Jan Lokpal were non-negotiable issues, and that he or the party were never hungry for power, their aim was always to “serve the people”.
Kejriwal is also questioned on his decision to sleep on the streets. “I was told I was engaging in theatrics, but that was the only way to fix responsibility and bring in accountability…,” he says.
Ashutosh also asks Kejriwal about his governance records, with another common criticism being AAP’s inexperience in governance, to which an aggressive Kejriwal shoots off examples, saying his government’s short stint had surpassed records of the Congress and the BJP, highlighting how he tackled corruption, quoting the Delhi Jal Board example, where “I sacked engineers on the spot”.