It appears like one of the many television interviews with AAP leader and former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. But here, the anchor is former IBN7 Managing Editor and AAP’s candidate from Chandni Chowk, Ashutosh, with both the anchor and the guest donning AAP’s signature white caps.
The video — shot in a question-and-answer format — aims to “clear doubts” about some of the decisions taken by the AAP in the 49 days it governed Delhi.
The video, according to party spokespersons, will be played before all campaign meetings and rallies to be addressed by Kejriwal in Delhi, and played in the seven constituencies by the party’s respective candidates during their campaigns.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The party had applied for clearance from the Election Commission (EC) for the video, which we have got. We will be playing it on various campaign platforms from now,” AAP spokesperson Deepak Bajpai said.
“It is just a new idea in campaign strategies. With so many former journalists, many of them known faces, now in the party, we thought this would help us connect better with voters, and rather than a one-sided speech in a rally, our party’s ideas would be expressed better and in a more interesting way in a question-and-answer format,” a senior party member said.
The video begins with Ashutosh asking Kejriwal about the Delhi government’s decision to lodge an FIR against Mukesh Ambani. Kejriwal explains his government’s stance against corruption, arguing that his aim was “always to fight corruption at all levels”. Ashutosh also asks Kejriwal about critics questioning his decision to resign as CM “before fulfilling the promises you made to the people”.
Kejriwal’s response is that he had made it clear from the very start that corruption and Jan Lokpal were non-negotiable issues, and that he or the party were never hungry for power, their aim was always to “serve the people”.
Kejriwal is also questioned on his decision to sleep on the streets. “I was told I was engaging in theatrics, but that was the only way to fix responsibility and bring in accountability…,” he says.
Ashutosh also asks Kejriwal about his governance records, with another common criticism being AAP’s inexperience in governance, to which an aggressive Kejriwal shoots off examples, saying his government’s short stint had surpassed records of the Congress and the BJP, highlighting how he tackled corruption, quoting the Delhi Jal Board example, where “I sacked engineers on the spot”.