The Aam Aadmi Party today decided to launch a door-to-door contact programme to apprise people about the circumstances leading to party chief Arvind Kejriwal’s arrest in a criminal defamation case instead of holding protest against it.
The decision was taken at a meeting a number of AAP leaders had with Kejriwal at the Tihar Jail this morning where the former chief minister has been lodged since Wednesday.
“We had a meeting with Arvind Kejriwal during which it was decided that the party won’t protest anymore and would launch a door-to-door campaign and tell people how a honest man like Kejriwal is behind the bars,” senior AAP leader Ashutosh told PTI.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Scores of AAP workers had clashed with police last night outside Tihar Jail protesting arrest of Kejriwal.
59 protesters, including senior leaders Yogendra Yadav, Manish Sisodia and Rakhi Birla, were arrested by police for violating prohibitory orders.
Asked about Kejriwal, he said the AAP chief has been kept in the ‘Vipasana’ cell and was fine.
Kejriwal’s wife Sunita, who carried clothes and medicines to him this morning, said, “He is not a criminal. Why should he pay money when he is ready to give an undertaking.”
The AAP leader was sent to Tihar Jail till May 23 by Delhi court on wednesday after he refused to furnish bail bond in a criminal defamation complaint filed against him by BJP leader Nitin Gadkari.
Sunita also criticised the media for calling her husband’s action ‘drama’. “It is wrong the way media is presenting the entire episode.”