The race is still on for the top job in AIIMS. The deadline for filing applications for the AIIMS directors post has been extended,following requests of several senior doctors,including HoDs of various departments in the hospital.
Within the institute,a few names are doing the rounds. These include Chief of AIIMS Trauma Centre Dr M C Misra,head of pharmacology Dr Y K Gupta,head of paediatrics Dr V K Paul,head of cardiology Dr V K Behl,head of gastroenterology Dr S K Acharya,and head of pathology
Dr S K Panda,among others.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The post is open to medical experts from within and outside the institute,as well as doctors who are NRIs or persons of Indian origin. We have already received applications from several medical colleges and research institutes. But there was a delay in receiving applications from doctors within AIIMS. So we decided to extend the deadline till August 14, a senior AIIMS official said.
This time,the upper age limit for the post has been fixed at 62 years,a decision ratified by the institute body earlier this year. But sources said many applicants have crossed that limit.
The other requirements for the directors post are that the applicant must have completed 25 years in medicine,of which a minimum of 10 years must have been spent in teaching and research.
Applicants must also have administrative experience as head of a scientific educational institution or head of department,besides extensive practical and administrative experience in the field of medical relief,medical research,medical education or public health organisation.
The tenure of AIIMS director Dr R C Deka ends in September. The applications will be screened by a search committee appointed by the institute body of AIIMS,which includes the health minister,the Director General of Health Services and other scientific and medical experts.
In 2007,Parliament had passed the AIIMS (Amendment ) Act,to fix the retirement age of the director at 65 years or the completion of a five-year term,whichever came first.