A Delhi court on Saturday warned AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal and three AAP leaders that it would initiate “coercive process” if they fail to appear before it on May 24 in a criminal defamation complaint filed against them by Union Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal’s lawyer son Amit Sibal.
While exempting Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia, Shazia Ilmi and Prashant Bhushan — against whom the complaint has been filed — from personal appearance on Saturday on the grounds that they were busy campaigning for the Lok Sabha elections, the court of Metropolitan Magistrate Sunil Kumar Sharma told advocate Rahul Mehra, appearing for the four, that he should ensure that the leaders appear before the court on the next date of hearing.
“Ensure that everybody is present on the next date (of hearing). Otherwise I will initiate coercive process,” the court told Mehra while fixing May 24 as the next date for hearing.
Noting that Kejriwal is contesting the Lok Sabha polls, the court did not impose a cost on him, although it imposed a cost of Rs 2,500 each on Sisodia, Bhushan and Ilmi. On March 15, the court had imposed a cost of Rs 2,500 each on Kejriwal and Sisodia for their failure to appear before it.
It had imposed the cost on Kejriwal and Sisodia while accepting their pleas seeking exemption from personal appearance for the day only.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Bhushan and Ilmi, who had appeared before the court on March 15, had to give an undertaking that they would appear before it on each and every date of hearing.